Saturday, April 25, 2009

yet another loss. . .

The new arrival would be a Thanksgiving baby. Names had been narrowed down to favorites. There would be a brand spanking new baby to hold and cuddle at Christmas by all the family on both sides. Would this little one look like Summer or Luke? How comforting it was to think of this new life. Such welcome news Nicol gave us while we were still in Congo. Our hearts lept for joy. Summer would have a sibling she could touch and stroke and love and be big sister to. Greg announced it on his blog, not only because he was bursting with joy, but because he valued the prayers of blog readers. Hope revisited. New beginnings.

Then, without warning, something went terribly wrong. Baby Sponberg due in November will not make his or her appearance, not yet, not now, not on this earth. We've lost yet another baby. Gut-wrenching sorrow. Reasons, past finding out. No explanation. Overwhelming grief once again. Words aren't good enough. Please pray for Greg, Nicol, and Summer.

5 comments:

karen44 said...

1 Corinthians 13:12-13Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.Praying for your family. One day we'll understand.

JoyKids (Art In Motion Productions) said...

I have been praying for all of you so much. I am so very sorry to hear of yet another loss in your family.

With love and many prayers.

Virginia

Michael, Karen and Morgan said...

So sorry to hear of Nicol's loss. Praying for your family, Greg, Nicol, and Summer. My husband and I just lost our fourth baby Easter weekend. Devastating. So sorry!

Michael, Karen and Morgan said...

I forgot to mention, I found your blog through your daughter Angie's blog. She has been an inspiration to me through some rough patches. Her words of wisdom are so comforting and I thank God for placing her in my life. An amazing and awesome thing, this blogging world!

Congo Hope said...

Oh, my heart breaks for you all. I am at a loss for words dear family. Nancy