Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The warmth of great friends

January has been a whirlwind of a month for Jim and me. We moved our ministry and personal belongings after 22 years from Detroit to Nashville. No sooner had we moved than we returned to Detroit for ministry reasons. Back to Nashville to further settle in and prepare to return to Congo after a 15 month absence.

We left Nashville yesterday worn out from the drain life has brought our way and walked right into the warm and peaceful atmosphere of friends near and dear to our hearts. They have graciously opened their home to us until we leave for Congo on Friday, Feb. 13. The wife of the couple has been very involved in our lives as well as Laban's for 20 years. We met her shortly after Jim's accident when we were both bruised and broken, carrying around half-crushed dreams yet to be resurrected and lived out. The unpredictably of Jim's closed head injury rushed into our livesunannounced, unwelcome, and unwilling to leave. Uncertainty plagued us. Life had become a tornado-like whirlwind that left in its wake fear and shock and sudden change. Doctors could promise nothing as far as when or if Jim would return to his normal preaccident baseline.

She has been a solace and cheerleader to me personally down through the years. I can't tell you how many lunches we have shared together and poured our hearts out to each other. She is one of my soul mates, and I love her dearly.

As we walked into their home, I felt the exhaustion take flight. The

2 comments:

JoLewis said...

what happened to the rest of the post? Was it accidently deleted? Your still in my prayers... Jo

Congo Hope said...

Yes, Jo. I had a full finished draft, and when I went to post it, this is all that came through. This is not my computer, and I have learned the hard way that once I write a new blog, whatever the first draft looks like, that is what remains so that means I have to do the whole rough draft has to be a complete post. sorry. I don't even know where to look for it.