Friday, October 23, 2009

Out of the darkness into His light

Some of the evils people in Congo have been delivered from:

the darkness of cannibalism

the darkness of various forms of witchcraft

the darkness of murdering through food poisoning

the darkness of child sacrifice

the darkness of worhiping manure

the darkness of visiting cemeteries to call evil spirits out of dead bodies for protection

the darkness of the myriad faces of idolatry

the darkness of ignorance that paralyzes

the darkness of trying to please the spirits of their ancestors by dancing 3 days straight

the darkness of offering the poison cup to determine guilt or innocence in that person's life

the darkness of believing that sickness and death stem only from the power of evil spirits

Now the mind of the flesh which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit is death--death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter. But the mind of the Holy Spirit is life and soul, peace both now and forevermore. Romans 8:6 amp

1 comment:

jenni2277 said...

I am a friend of Rebekah Keller's and I attended your event last night. Rebekah's boss Paul gave me a copy of Shawn's book. I already started reading it last night and can't wait to continue this weekend.

I am so amazed by your ministry. It makes me heart lift just to think of it. I feel blessed to be able to support it even if in only in a very tiny financial way right now, i know it will increase in the future.

I love this blog entry. This ministry is the epitomy of Jesus turning our darkness into light.

One of my very favorites is 2 Samuel 22:29
You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.

I suffered from depression and anxiety and this scripture is so precious and true to me.

I can only imagine even how much more for the people of the congo who have witnessed and been affected by even greater darkness!

I have a warmth within me since last night. God is so good. And amazing. And perfect.